KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life. We are a network of six high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools that educate students from ECE through 12th grade. We currently serve two communities within Denver; the Northeast and Southwest. Both communities serve students in elementary, middle and high school.
Every child grows up free to create the future they want for themselves and their communities.
Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose —college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
- Educates and supports Principals and Assistant Principals of Operations (APOs) to prepare annual budgets, manage school-based expenses and follow fiscal policies and procedures
- Contributes to increasing the financial literacy and business acumen of the organization
- Creates department goals and performs ongoing analysis and process improvements to ensure the organization’s financial health
- Directly manages the Senior Accountant and Staff Accountant
Finance & Accounting
- Prepares timely financial statements, including statement of activities, fund balances, and sources/uses of funds
- Creates and presents management reports and financial models that provide insights into the organization’s performance against its financial plans and related financial health
- Continually monitors and analyzes revenue and expense activities to ensure accurate allocations
- Oversees all federal fund budgeting, accounting, reporting, reimbursements and oversight, (ESSER, Title 1A, Title II, Title III, and Title IV) and continuously seeks new information on the financial landscape locally and at the state and federal level
- Oversees the annual financial audit
- Regularly evaluates, updates, and creates systems to lead others improve processes
- Works with Development team to monitor grant budgets and assist with other grant request activities as necessary
- Regularly evaluates and updates software systems and efficiencies related to finance and accounting
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, CPA preferred
- At least five years of accounting experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required
- Experience with Sage Intacct preferred
- Experience in nonprofit/education sector and knowledge of grant accounting
- Commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of educational equity
- Skilled at explaining complex financial matters in a simple way and an ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Detail oriented with exceptionally strong follow-up and follow-through skills
- Strong organization and planning skills, with an ability to set up systems and processes to streamline accounting function
- Proactive problem solver who demonstrates initiative
- Ability to quickly and effectively build relationships with, motivate, and engage a diverse group of stakeholders
- Professionalism, maturity, and an understanding of how to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one’s work
Compensation and Benefits
- The compensation for this role is $95,000 and is negotiable depending on experience.
- Benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in PERA
- Paid family or medical leave of absence
- Paid time off
- Relocation reimbursement (when applicable)
- Wellness reimbursement
- Voluntary employee, spousal, and child life insurance
- Voluntary long term disability insurance
- Voluntary short term disability insurance
- Optional 401(k)
- Optional Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer and cell phone.
- Numerous professional growth and leadership opportunities within KIPP Colorado Schools.
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, KIPP Northeast Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.